Follow these best practices for optimal burning and candle care
CANDLE CARE + MAINTENANCE
- Trim your wick prior to lighting each time. Ideally the wick is 1/4". This helps keep smoke and flame at a controlled level.
- Make sure there is no debris in your candle before you light it.
- Burn candle for at least 3 hours at a time, to get an optimal melt across the entire surface. This is ideal to avoid potential tunneling. This also helps maximize scent throw.
- Make sure there aren’t any drafts near your lit candle.
- Always burn your candle on a fire safe surface.
- Keep children and pets out of reach, as they can be curious and
- Move a candle while it is lit.
- Leave a burning candle unattended.
- Pour hot wax on anything or anyone.
- Try too hard to remove old wax from glass, this can cause accidents.
When not in use, it is optimal to store candles upright in a cool place, away from direct sunlight. This will preserve its scent and keep it from melting. You may opt to store your candle with the lid on it to keep dust out, or without a lid to get some benefit from the cold throw (unlit scent movement).
It is best to remove the wax from the glass when done. If you cannot get the wax out all the way, you can try putting it in the freezer to harden the wax, which can help make it easier to remove. It is best to leave the wax be if it gets too stuck. We don’t want you to hurt yourself by breaking the glass.