CANDLE COMPANIES ARE ALWAYS ENCOURAGING US TO REUSE OUR OLD CANDLE GLASS! We love this idea too, and in general love to reuse, recycle and up-cycle....but let’s be honest, not many people do this because it’s a chore to get the wax out. Right ? BUT! We think it is worth it. Here is a tutorial to help make it a bit more manageable.
Before we give you ideas for all the fun ways to reuse your LITE+CYCLE Essential Oil Candle glass here are some easy to follow instructions on how to clean it out. Don’t feel like reading ? Here is a quick video on our TIKTOK that will tell you in under 40 seconds.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR USED CANDLE GLASS
Luckily, we use vegan American Grown Soy wax , which makes our candles burn very clean, so there is not usually too much wax residue left over. However, even the smallest amount is worth cleaning up.
STEP 1 PUT IT IN THE FREEZER
Place the used candle glass in the freezer for about an hour (more is fine too). This hardens the remaining making it easier to chip out.
STEP 2 REMOVE FROZEN WAX
Once the wax is frozen it should be a lot easier to remove from the glass with some taps and pokes. First try turning it upside-down and tap the bottom, if you are lucky the last remaining chunk of wax will just slide out. If it is stubborn you will have to chip at it with butter knife. Take caution when chipping and tapping, the glass may break if you are too aggressive.
STEP 3 CLEAN WITH RUBBING ALCOHOL
Once you have removed the large chunks of wax clean out the remaining residue with rubbing alcohol. Pour some in the bottom of the glass and wipe the inside with a paper towel until everything is removed. This also helps to remove any other dirt or soot left behind. It also helps to remove oils so there is less of a scent lingering, especially noticeable with our Vetiver Essential Oil Candle
STEP 4 WASH WITH SOAP AND WATER
For the final step wash the glass with soap and water. It should be nice and clean now and ready to reuse. One note, we don’t recommend using the glass for food or drinks as it might still retain some of the oils from the candle. Although our candles are not toxic to breathe in the air, they are not edible.